Tren Crucero: Quito - Guayaquil or Guayaquil - Quito by Train
A magical journey through Ecuador's Andes & Coast
Be ready to undertake an exceptional journey through the Ecuadorian highlands and coast region... An immersion in the culture, customs and traditions aboard a distinctive train. A journey different from any other is about to become part of your life, your experience and your best memories.
- Train trip with amazing landscapes
- Overnight stay in selected hotels
- Meals with typical dishes of each region or according to the requirement of the passenger
- Planned and guided excursions to the main natural and cultural attractions
- Onboard security service and bilingual guidance
- Planned excursions in a tourist bus
- Daily newspapers, magazines and tourist material
- An excellent and warm team at your service
- 10 beatiful volcanoes around the rail tracks
- Ancestral indigenous communities
- The well-known Devi's Nose
- The rainforest, the transition between Andes and Coast
The hotels have been carefully selected to offer you the best quality and comfort. Most of them are old Haciendas that have been restored to offer professional accommodation service.
- La Cienega
- Eterna Primavera
The Tren Crucero style is defindes by its four coaches; true treasures of historical design, pulled by steam and diesel locomotives. The train has capacity for 54 comfortable seated passengers.
Coach 1. Baroque Style. Spanish colonial period
This coach is furnished with tables and chairs for 30 people. In there you can enjoy a light aperitif or read a good book. There are personal lockers where you can store your belongings.
Coach 2. Neoclassical Style of the Ecuadorian Republican period
This coach is furnished with tables and chairs for up to 24 passengers. In there you can entertain yourself with board games or having a conversation among friends.
Coach 3. Hispanic Style and Andean cosmovision
The third coach has a handcrafts shop, panoramic windows and a coffe bar, where the crew will serve exquisite snacks and beverages from the local gastronomy.
Coach 4. Classical Style of the Coastal region
The last of the coaches has two sections. The first one is a lounge for social activities; the second one has an open terrace where the passengers can appreciate the majestic Ecuadorian landscapes.
The crew who will assist you in the Tren Crucero has been selected and trained according to the highest standards of customer service. They will guarantee that the passengers' only concern will be to enjoy a pleasant and delightful journey.
This team will be led by the Chief of the Train who is responsible for the train operators, guides, stewards and all the service staff.
The guide will accompany the passengers throughout the whole trip, visits and excursions. The Tren Crucero crew is permanently at your service and ready to collaborate, support and attend your needs at any time.